Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Something to think about...

Per a discussion in 6W, I have found out that (through research of calling other teachers and google) that people from Connecticut are called "Connecticuters" or even "Nutmeggers."  As I understand the website to say, they are called "nutmeggers" because their state spice is nutmeg.  However, "Connecitcutians" is gaining in popularity.  Typically, though, people in New England simply call themslves "New Englanders."

Now, I know what you're thinking.  A state spice?  Missouri does NOT have a state spice, so don't ask.

Thanks to google for that one,
Mrs. Doenges :)

2 comments:

  1. Yea I remember that...
    Tristan said that and I thought it was connecticuters also hee hee.
    I wish there were a Missouri state spice because maybe we would have a funky name like......
    I dont know...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey mrs. deonges! I miss your class! :) Sarah

    ReplyDelete